I have gotten behind on my blogging due to an extended Migraine and family illness, so I am trying to catch up. Due to recent tragic events it is more important than ever to get the word out so that people understand Chronic Migraine Disease.
Living with Chronic Migraine is like living on an extreme roller coaster. There are always setbacks when an attack lands you on your back in darkness with ice packs. How do I cope and reset life back to as normal as normal can be for an unpredictable and disabling disease?
- I try to get over my pity party because we all feel guilty for the time our disease takes away from family, friends and events
- I try to regroup by catching up in small ways on errands and chores-not to overdo it and set another flare-up by getting exhausted
- Do gentle stretching and get back into my exercise routine
- I give Thanks and show Gratitude to those who went out of their way to help me through my pain
- I will do one thing to reward myself for surviving another attack, like buy a movie, a CD or a nice top (when I can find one I like)
- I will get outside and try to tend to my garden (which as of this past week is in need of some major weeding)
- I will make a nice dinner for my family (which I always try to do anyway) but I will make a super special meal to make up for lost time
- I will take the dogs outside and play in the fenced in yard and enjoy their antics
Learn more about the MHAM Blog Challenge and
Other MHAM events by visiting:
June, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is issued by FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.